Wilson hat-trick condemns Huddersfield to defeat

A ruthless performance by Bournemouth condemned newly-promoted side, Huddersfield to a 4-0 defeat at the Vitality stadium. The Cherries won their second consecutive game and moved to 13th on the league table while their opponents remained 10 th . Callum Wilson scored a hat-trick, with two of those goals coming in a 6-minute spell in the first half while Harry Arter netted the other which set the South Coast club for a comfortable victory.

Despite having a numerical advantage, The Terriers offered nothing going forward and will know that they didn’t deserve to take anything away from the game. The opener was somewhat controversial as Huddersfield felt cheated after Charlie Daniel caught Florent Hadergionai with a studs-up challenge. Bournemouth played on and promptly scored through Wilson who headed in the ball after some delightful work by Jordon Ibe.

He scored his second just 5 minutes later after he found space at the far post following a brilliant Andrew Surman setpiece delivery. Arter added the third on 70 minutes before Wilson sealed his hat-trick late on in the 84 th minute following gold work from Josh King, the Norwegian international. Bournemouth boss, Eddie Howe played with the same starting eleven prior to the international break, with the win making it the first time they won consecutive league games this season.

It looked at some point that they would suffer, as Francis got himself sent off for a second yellow card on the stroke of half time. For Huddersfield, David Wagner brought in Martin Cranie and Danny Williams and Jonathan Hogg. Wilson offered a timely reminder of his undoubted qualities as he looks to put his injury hell behind him. He has suffered two nasty knee injuries in the past couple of years, while Ake was a colossal figure at the back in the second half.

Next up for the South Coast outfit is a trip to Wales to face Swansea City while Huddersfield face
a daunting task of overcoming Manchester City on Sunday.

Leave a Comment